where option may be one of the following:
- Where direction may be any valid Manhattan direction, and causes the plow to be moved in that direction.
- Set boundary around area plowing may affect
- Print help information
- horizon n
- Set the horizon for jog introduction to n lambda units.
- Reenable jog insertion (set horizon to 0)
- selection [direction [distance]]
- Plow the selection in the indicated direction for the indicated distance.
- Automatically straighten jogs after each plow
- Remove boundary around area plowing may affect
- Disable jog insertion (infinite jog horizon)
- Don't automatically straighten jogs after each plow
The plow command implements a sophisticated method of stretching and compacting layout. The cursor box can be used to shove layout in one direction or another, preserving net connectivity through the modifications.
Results of plow are usually messier than most VLSI designers care to cope with. The best cell compaction is realized with careful floorplanning considerations, not brute force pushing and shoving.
plow is implemented as a built-in command in magic.
|Return to command index|
Last updated: January 15, 2021 at 12:47pm