[Eda-dev] Install instructions for Windows 10 PC

Tim Edwards tim at opencircuitdesign.com
Tue Jan 17 08:16:14 EST 2017

Hello Jim,

> I’d really like to use your software to properly re-draw the circuit of the
> latest project I’ve undertaken.
>
> However, I’m having a lot of trouble getting the file (xcircuit-3.5.tgz)
> into my system. For instance, I can’t seem to get to the /tmp area of my
> machine .
>
> Do you have a set of installation instructions for a Windows 10 machine
> (that seems geared towards 10 year olds)?

I'm not sure how you got hold of xcircuit-3.5;  it has been obsolete for
ten years.  Anyway, the tarball is for Linux systems and you would not
be able to install it on Windows, anyway.

Go to http://opencircuitdesign.com, click on "Download", then go down
toward the bottom of the page to the section "Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit",
and follow the instructions there.  I have not specifically tried
installing on Windows 10, but I think it should be the same.

					---Tim