[Eda-dev] Problems with qrouter getting stuck

Tim Edwards tim at opencircuitdesign.com
Mon Oct 16 09:49:09 EDT 2017

Hello Øyvind,
> Ah. I did build and install a newer qrouter in /usr/local/bin, but qflow is
> picking up an older version.
>
> What I did was first to install qflow w/apt-get install qflow, then build
> qrouter locally. I guess I have to uninstall qflow, magic, qrouter and
> graywolf, then build the tools that qflow depends on first, then qflow?
> I'll give that a try.

Generally, the pre-compiled versions target /usr/bin, I think (I don't
make those distributions).

Qflow makes pointers (at compile/install time) to all of the tools it
uses.  You'll find those in /usr/local/share/qflow/bin (except for the
pre-compiled version, it's probably in /usr/share/qflow/, maybe?).
This is where qflow is choosing the value of qrouter.

> $ qrouter -noc
> Qrouter detail maze router version 1.4.2.T
> No .cfg file specified, continuing without.
> No Top-level Tk window available. . .

But don't use version 1.4;  the development version went a different
direction and I have not merged the better solutions from 1.3 back into
the development branch.  Version 1.3.93 is the one you want.

> Ubuntu has dash as default. I guess the qrouter scripts should either
> specify #!/bin/bash or support dash?
> $ ls -l /bin/sh
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Sep  6 14:07 /bin/sh -> dash

Gah, when did that happen?  I thought "bash" was universal and
universally used.  I may have to just change /bin/sh to /bin/bash to
be specific about the shell to use, instead of relying on the (previously
reliable) link from "sh" to "bash".

>>     Sorry, I couldn't find a way to prevent people from creating accounts
>>    in bugzilla and plastering it with spam, so I had to disable it.

> There's not so much traffic in this mailing list that we can't afford to
> discuss potential issues here first by way of triage?

Works for me, although maybe I should try switching to JIRA for bug
reporting.  I have a bunch of updates that need to be done;  all the
web tools I use are disappearing rather than keeping up-to-date.

					Thanks,
					Tim