[Eda-dev] Line wrapping in netgen LVS reports?

Tim Edwards tim at opencircuitdesign.com
Tue Jul 16 13:49:17 EDT 2019

Hello Matt,

 > In the LVS reports, the columns are a fixed size. Sometimes this crops
 > potentially useful information. Is there a way to configure this? For
 > example, in the following, the second element attached to the net is
 > not fully shown on the left side.
 >
 > Thanks,
 > Matt
 >
 >    NET mismatches: Class fragments follow (with fanout counts):
 >    Circuit 1: bank2_1rw_0w_0r_single          |Circuit 2:

There is an output in JSON format that you can enable with the "-json"
option to the "lvs" command.

It would take quite a bit of coding work to get the output to have
an adjustible width.  The easier option would probably be to convert
the JSON output viewing script that I have on the efabless platform for
the netgen distribution.  It only needs to have a few dependencies on
the efabless file system structure changed.

					Regards,
					Tim

| R. Timothy Edwards (Tim)       | email: tim at opencircuitdesign.com    |
| Open Circuit Design            | web:   http://opencircuitdesign.com |
| 19601 Jerusalem Road           | phone: (240) 489-3255               |
| Poolesville, MD 20837          | cell:  (408) 828-8212               |